November 16, 2008

Food @ Victoria Station + The Ship

Cyrus finally paid me a visit after ten thousand promises. Taking it as a belated birthday celebration or whatever it is, I'm happy that he just finally here.

We went to Victoria Station, PJ for dinner, a great meal indeed but we had that at 10pm, a dining time which contributes significantly to obesity. Yet, we still placed our order which listed with 1 spicy oxtail soup, 1/2 dozen of oysters, fresh lobsters that weights 800grammes and 1 Sirloin Steak which served with lightly salted butter on breads and salads.

I find the oxtail soup taste quite okay but this is the first oxtail soup I had and I'm not really into that perhaps I should not be making any comment here. However, the oysters are seriously not fresh. The way it served look nice but its really not fresh. If you wish to try the fresh one, I would suggest you to visit Jagoya which located at Starhill.

The Sirloin Steak was nice. Sirloin steak is a steak cut from the hip. Hence, it tends to be less tough and resulting in a higher price tag. We want in to be in medium which has to be grilled in 57.2 degree celcius only which results in the middle of the steak is hot and red with pink surrounding the center but the outside is gray-brown.

The dish I love most is the fresh lobster. The manager allowed us to choose the lobster on our own and priced it with the weighting. The one that we had is moderate and it is around 800grammes. I forgotten how much it costs for a gramme but it is around RM150++ for 800grammes. It was served with half cheese and half BBQ sauce. A cheese lover like me will definitely prefer the cheese part more. *wink*

The dinner ended around 12am and we just get back and sleep. Guess what?? The next day, we still went to The Ship at Jalan Bukit Bintang for lunch after such a heavy meal. We ordered 1/2 dozen of Escargots Bourguinonne, 4 slices of Garlic Bread, 1 Grilled Air Flown Fresh Salmon Steak and 1 Phoenix Neptune Combo this time.

I strongly recomend Escargots Bourguinonne if you happen to dine in The Ship next time especially if you are a cheese lover like me. We even use the garlic breads to dip on the left over cheese on the Escargots and it tastes real awesome. *yummy*

Since I don't usually have fish in KL, I ordered the Salmon Steak. Its Air flown Norweigian fish garnished with parsley butter, served with french fries and mini salad. It taste fine when served it with lemon and tartar sauce. For the Phoenix Neptune Combo, it is a combination of king prawns and chicken fillet topped with gravy and served on a sizzling hot plate with corn on cob, french fries and a bowl of salad. The chicken fillet taste okay but the failure on this dish is on the king prawns. You can know that the prawn wasn't fresh at all when you had a bite on it. The texture is bad and the prawns do not even have the taste of prawns. Just bad~

We went for a walk around Bukit Bintang area after lunch. It was crowded and heaty there thus we left after a while time. I'm seriously very happy for his visit. Not just for the food, his companion and nevertheless my birhday present~> Christian Dior - J'adore Eau de Parfume ^-^ Yes!~ I finally owned it. I love that scent so much and was checking on it since I saw the advertisement by Charlize Theron but it was rather pricey for me to afford.

A great applause to dear Cyrus for paying such visit and I wish to thank him for everything. I had a great time for that 24hours and I seriously enjoy it. *muacks* haha..*wink*

2 comments:

Christine said...

i miss victoria station food...the stick is superb. That is a nice perfume you got there. *wink luck you!

Vi Vio Violet~ said...

the steak is really nice =)
You like that perfume too?? haha..