November 18, 2008

Islamic Banking - A 'Brilliant' Course

Its gonna be my Islamic Banking Exam tomorrow 8.30am *sigh* Ooh No..I'm actually still having exam but in fact I thought it has long ended since I'm basically doing anything but studying. haha..

As usual, Vivio haven't start studying or even have at least a peek on those materials. I guess this is my very first semester that I had been consistently acting so brave since I started life in UKM. Kinda remind me of what happened during my school days that I never give a damn to study or even to all those exams. I used to confuse the timetable that I study for history while I'm sitting for science paper, completing a Form 5 Biology paper while I'm only Form 4 in a replacement test and even worse, going for my STPM MicroEconomy paper almost 20minutes late and receive the honour of given a glare by the examiner.

I seriously feel that I'm turning into a new leaf now, at least, I completed my assignments (I never do homework since primary 1) , attended some lectures (even though still skip quite a number of them) and I did prepare a little for the final semester exam (except this semester)

Back to the topic of tomorrow's exam and speaking about materials, I somehow salute my dear Islamic Banking lecturer to the max. Proudly present our beloved Dr. Inayah. This so called Associate Professor used to start her class at 8.10am and ended it at 8.30am which I only reach the class at 8.25am and she dismiss the class 5minutes after I placed my butt on the chair. Gosh!~ The chair is not even warm yet.

She used to teach us Muamalat back in last semester. The weird part is she has been teaching Islamic Banking to us while we suppose to sit for the Muamalat paper and for this current semester when we suppose to sit for Islamic Banking, she teaches us nothing. Yes, I do mean nothing!!! So what exactly are we being examined for tomorrow?? Only God knows..

Well, she does kind enough to post up some slides in SPIN ( a learning and communicating system in UKM) after several complaints were made against her. Brilliant her uploaded a series of Banking Law slides rather than the Islamic Banking Law slides. Hence, should we study for Islamic Banking now or Banking or using the reverse psychology, Muamalat instead for the exam later??

With eyes wide open n I yelled to the world : "See, that's what causes me not studying" - A very lame excuse indeed. Another demotivating reason is that she is rather generous with marks giving. She entitled us 15marks for attending some useless forum and open up our vision with how bad is the quality of lecturers nowadays.

Besides, I remembered that she gave us an assignment when I'm taking Banking Law and the question was set back in 1986 which is the year I was born, and the year she was pursuing her law degree somewhere far away from Malaysia. -.-' It was her assignment back then and she make it ours. The law is totally inapplicable and we seriously had a hard time in completing that task. (wonder if she does read)

For this semester, she is even greater to throw us a task that we happen to goggle out the exact question and answer. Shocked?? Its the exact one and she didn't even take the initiative to change the name of those parties involved in the case. Furthermore, the issues arise from the case is contract and company that has nothing to do with Islamic Banking. WTF!!

Perhaps by teaching us nothing, she is actually provide us with something. And of course, that something is equivalent to the everything for her. Back to square one, guess we should just study everything that has to do with Islamic Banking now. The development, advancement, product, obstacles and anything under the sky that has to do with Islamic Banking. huhu..The scope is so wide!!!

Cant change the fact that exam is still on for tomorrow no matter how much I'm cursing or condemning now. *sigh* Thus, I shall just start surfing some material from the website and do some reading now. Life still goes on despite some weird people we met and incidents that screwed us up.

If the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch - Matthew 15: 14

2 comments:

amethyst213 said...

yo yo yo...

i must say your grouses are founded..

it is a bad luck but vio dear, u will be meeting her again next year.

which is also the reason why i haven't screw F up hard yet.

may god bless u

Anonymous said...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
XZZzzzzzzZzzzzzzzzzzZzzzzz